Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New York City!!!!!

So, Sunday through Tuesday, I took a group of my students to New York City to experience "Les Miserables" and the cultural experiences of a big city. We had such a good time. Here is the trip, in pictures . . .

First, in our town, the local paper will publish pictures of people who take it on vacation with them. So we took "The Daily" to NYC . . . (I'm in the WC hat)

Views from the top of the Empire State Building . . .


Self-portrait . . . he he he. I love mirrors.

The kiddos at the top of th ESB.

I always love the "up" pictures. I have a ton of these from travels in Europe. It makes me feel really short though (yeah, I know that I am).

I am not sure what church this is, but there were tons of beautiful churches in every part of town that we visited. Just walking along, and there would be this beautiful building amidst the sky scrapers. It was awesome.

Okay, this is the funniest sign in all of NYC. Seriously, can you feel the sarcastic tone? I just laughed and laughed.

I wish we had gone here . . . too bad I don't have that much money.

Lots of Times Square pics . . . I love how busy it is - and how bright it is at night. It just embodies the busy-ness of NYC. We spent a good amount of time here -- plus seeing a comedy show at the HA! comedy club. If you are ever there, and want to see a good show -- go there. Seriously, my stomach hurt from laughing so much. It is on the north side of Times Square, just keeping walking on Broadway uptown -- it's on a road to the right (I think right near the Hershey store).






Finally, a few pics of the World Trade Center site . . . as everyone says, the sheer size of it is amazing. I just cannot believe that there are people in the world that think something like crashing a plane into a building is a good idea. I will never understand hate.
Hope you enjoyed the trip! I know that I did. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! Wish I'd known you were in town. I work in Times Square. Could've given you guys the guided tour. Maybe next time!

Becky Waurio said...

Yeah, that would have been great! :) Next time, we will definitely have to catch up with you!

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see your pictures. I love NYC too. Maybe we could meet there sometime and get Dan and Elyssa in too and have a family gathering in the big city. It will take a lot of planning but there sure is a lot of fun stuff to do!

Love,
Mom

Neal said...

Looks like you had fun in NYC! Wish I could have tagged along! I haven't been there since I was ....ummm.... a while. :)