Sunday, December 14, 2008

5 . . . more . . . days

I have a love/hate relationship with the last week of school before break. First, I am extremely excited every year, as I love Christmas . . . and knowing I am going to see my family soon just makes me so happy! But on the other hand, the kids are crazy and excited, too . . . and this week is one of the hardest weeks to be a teacher. Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday spirit . . . but when you have only two weeks of class left after Christmas break, and you have x, y and z to get through before then in order for the students to be adequately prepared for the next year of French . . . phew, it's tough. All I want to do this week is eat sweets, watch Christmas movies and drink cocoa . . . unfortunately, that is not what the state of VA thinks of as a Standard of Learning for French class . . . bummer.

So here I go . . . 5 more days of craziness. Then it is off to MI. Our last Christmas as a couple . . . kind of bittersweet.

What all are you doing for the holidays?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Something amazing happened this year: We told all parents they were welcome to come to us for the holidays but with the new house and dog we didn't want to travel. THEY AGREED!!! Every year we go nuts trying to relax AND travel all over the country. This year things can be calm.